Friday, April 06, 2007

Dumb and Dumber

This is by far the dumbest argument in the almost 10 years of our marriage.

The setting: 11pm getting ready for bed.
Me: "Hon, how was your show (LOST) tonight?"

Dan: "Good, it's getting so weird"

Me: "I'll probably never watch an episode of that show, just because"

Dan: "yeah, you probably wouldn't get it anyway"

Me: "What?!? Who's smarter here, me or you?

Dan (laughing): "You think you are smarter than me?"

Me: "Well, probably."

Dan "Oh, because I'm just a cement man, you are smarter than me?"

Me: "I didn't say that. I just know more stuff."

Dan (going to bed): "Fine, Hon."

Me: "uhh!"

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Here's our dumbest argument that seems to get repeated every month (somehow always coinciding when I am PMSing ... curious huh?)

Me: I do so much more around the house than you.

Husband: I do a lot too.

Me: No you don't.

Husband: Well, you ARE a stay-at-home-mom and I go to work every day.

Me: What's that supposed to mean? You job is more important than mine?

Husband: Can we just go to bed?

Sonny Huisman said...

Funny Laurie, Mike and I just had a similar argument last night . . . strange . . . I'm PMSing (or, more accurately, DMSing - during).

Our fights are usually about one of two things though - Money or Sex!

Laurie said...

Sonny - cause you want "it" all the time and he just won't give it up, huh? :) ("It" could be money OR sex in this question.)

Michelle said...

yikes.


TMI?

Triplet Mom said...

Brad thinks he's smarter in me in almost all areas. However, I know he cannot read something and tell me the main ideas. He asked me the other day when I was studying how I knew what to highlight! Also, he can't believe I can write long papers for my classes. He used to triple space his to make them longer!

Yes, I will admit he is better at math than I am. I max out on a 5th grade level.