Monday, April 16, 2007

new week, old germs, and birthdays

I had a good streak going, a long winter with narry a cold, but last week I caught it.
Maybe it was while I held Joy with a fever, maybe it was when my niece coughed in my face, maybe it was the shopping cart at Meijer, full of germies that I forgot to obsessively wipe down.

Now I am just waiting for common cold to pack it's bags and walk out the door, but not before returning my voice. I realized just how much I, let's say, raise my voice on any given day. With laryngyitis, I couldn't communicate the way I am used to with my kids. I couldn't talk on the phone, and couldn't stand the sound of my own manly, scratchy sqawking.

There was my whining, here is my rejoicing!

Yesterday Drew turned 5 years old! Back in March Chase reached 7 and Joy, 3.
I can remember the day of their births and every little detail surrounding. What precious gifts!

A few recent photos.

7 comments:

Old School said...

First Comment, Whooo Whooo!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Drew looked pretty good on that bicycle. He really has a kind and loving heart when he is around all the babies. No so much around his sister.

Anonymous said...

Joy looks extremely happy with her bike!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and I had a cold as well! Odd.

Also noticed...I SPY Book and...the finger. Teaching em' young, Dan?

tami said...

So far today Elli has thrown up three times and Noah missed the bus. Oh what fun!!

Triplet Mom said...

Was it my sickies that coughed on you? Sorry! We can't seem to shake the cold either. WE NEED 80ยบ WEATHER!!!!!

MiniMe Mom said...

Long time no talk, friend.

Love the one of Joy in her bathing suit-- Hope you are feeling better soon!