Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My favorite thing today


Most nights at dinner or before bed I ask my kids the same question.
"What was your favorite thing today?"

They usually respond by describing some fun activity that they did that day , or explaining a happy moment. It is a good way for them to realize the blessings they have and show gratitude to the One who gives them.

A few of my faves today:

  • Watching Little House on The Prairie--my favorite episode, where Laura meets Almanzo for the first time and calls him "Manly"
  • Hearing some great news from a friend regarding her pregnancy--Praise God!
  • Eating a Hershey's Candy Bar while watching Little House.
  • Watching my children splash and play in the pool with friends
  • Hearing my nephew say "Momma, Momma " while I was talking on the phone with his Momma.
Beauty in the ordinary.

For Maddie, Alex, & Stella WE MISS YOU!!!!!
a few photos:





16 comments:

Unknown said...

My favorite thing today is when after my boys say their prayers before day, I say 'I love you _______' and they response by saying "I luv you mommy." Then I say "Jesus love You __________' and they response by saying "I luv you Jesus."

LOL...I also love that episode of Little house on the Praire

Katie said...

I love those simple everyday things! Reading lists like that makes me appreciate how special they really are - even if they don't seem very big.

Amy said...

we miss you, too! we talk about you guys constantly and can't wait till we see you again. it's so nice to see pictures of you all...it makes me feel so much more connected. love you!

amy

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Drew looks so handsome in his glasses :) Your comments about Little House on the Prairie remind me of a trip we took out west when Laura was six. We stopped in DeSmet, South Dakota where Laura Ingalls lived - it was the basis for the book The Long, Hard Winter. Great memories! Sending love and hugs your way!

Lia Leenstra said...

Oh michelle - I was doing so well in the crying department until the pictures - we are so missing home!! We love you guys so much - I love andrews glasses - he looks so big! Give the kids hugs!!!

tami said...

I love the pictures of the boys flying through the air before they hit the water.

Anonymous said...

Thats a great thing to ask the kids everyday...I'll have to start putting it into practice.

My favorite thing of the day was my caramel light frappucino w/ whip. Is it wrong to lick the caramel out of the top cover?

MiniMe Mom said...

That is so fun that I get to be a part of the favorite part of your day:-)

I love that first picture. It looks like they are having so much fun! Hopefully they will swim tomorrow- I am hoping it is not too cold!

Anonymous said...

I was with you until you got to the candy bar part. Um chocolate, now I can't think of anything else.

Old School said...

I check your blog every day for 10 days, nothing new,
I get caught up with phones and contracts, don't look at the blog, Then suddenly,
two new blogs in two days,

What's up?

Michelle said...

get it together Carl!


how's Chad??

Triplet Mom said...

So weird! I just ate a Hershey's candy bar while sitting on the couch while the girls were napping. I was thinking "It doesn't get better than this!"

Mmm Chocolate! Could we get this trait from the Fig?

Anonymous said...

Why do you have the theme song to my show on your blog?

Michelle said...

???????

Anonymous said...

I am also known as Zack Braff

Michelle said...

ah yes, Zach Braff rules, so does SCRUBS.