Tuesday, August 14, 2007

product recall


I've been following the news on a number of product recalls and I don't know whether to freak out not.

How worried must I be about the products made in China that may have paint containing lead?
Are there extreme amounts of lead, or just small quantities? Do they pose a danger to my children or people, by that I mean the Government, media, etc. blowing it out of proportion? Just recently there has been recalled peanut butter, beef, toothpaste. We might as well live in a bubble.

Two weeks ago, I read about lunch boxes containing lead. What's next?

Did we not live in houses containing walls painted with lead paint?
Toys have been manufactured in China for decades, and this is a new problem? I doubt it.

Just how worried are you? Would you go out and buy an at home lead testing kit (like I almost did)???

for the latest recalls, click here

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quit freaking out. Most everyone reading this blog grew up with toys that were, most likely, completely covered in lead paint. Not to mention cribs, walls, etc. It takes quite a bit of lead in a condensed amount of time to become "poisoned" by lead.

It is just the newest thing to "create news" from in our messed up world

Anonymous said...

Blizzard 2007

Michelle said...

remember Blizzard Jan. 2 1999??

now that was potent.

Anonymous said...

I wouldnt freak too much either...even though I did at first....We had some of the diego toys and I put those away...I'm not sure if I can get my money back or not, I have no receipts.

Anonymous said...

That blizzard was classic. I didn't catch much of the news on it though. I missed out

Unknown said...

I'm not too worry about it. I agree that we all grew up with lead and won't affected by it, at least I hope not. So until it poses a problem I have many other things to worry about... like how my kids behave, getting my boys to poop on the toilet, and the list goes on and on....

Anonymous said...

Uh, duhh,,,Me not affected by lead at all......I growed up with it on my crib and in my house an' ittt didn'tt do anytthhaang to me

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading the recalls and we have toys that are on the list. I am not worried my kids are 7 & 10, and if they are sucking on the toys at this age then I have a problem. Kids get lead poisoning if they have the toys in their mouths for an extended period of time. They will not get it if they are just holding it. It has to be ingested.

You can get a pre-paid shipping label from Mattel's website, ship the recalled toys back to them and they will send you a voucher to bring to any store to replace your items.

Why bother, I will just take the toys away, my kids won't notice they are gone, they have to many other toys to play with.

MiniMe Mom said...

I am behind. I still have yet to figure out if I own any of the toys. I know I own one, Sarge, but the heck if I can find it!

Anonymous said...

Jamie, what the heck is up with your picture?