Wednesday, August 29, 2007

summer slobs

I have this tendency to follow up a potently heartfelt post (such as yesterday's) with one that is just, well, not so much. You never know just what you might find in MiniVan MegaFun land

I feel like a dead beat blogger. Lately the only things that have even inspired me to blog are things I find annoying around my home. I thought better of it though because really, who wants to hear about the things that irritate me? This post should help you feel better about your house if it seems messy with all the business of summer.
So I won't whine, complain, or vent. I'll just show you what has got a bee in my bonnet lately. It's a guessing game of sorts.

Photo #1
I have been looking at this for 3 days now. Any idea what it is?



Photo #2
It gets worse every night, yet I don't just wipe it.

Photo #3

Too many Pollys...so little time

Photo #4

Dan's Dump...need I say more?


Photo #5 & 6

It's just a good thing we live in the country.



Dan tells me not to get all worked up about the little things.
I suppose he's right.
But it's just so easy. My friend Cara had a poll on her blog about just this question. Do you sweat the small stuff? 85 percent of her voters said "Yes"
Seems like I do.
Looks like I should, otherwise I end up with disasters like this at the end of the summer.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing frosted flakes spilled on the deck.

Anonymous said...

I agree w/ eboy, not sure what the heck is going on in picture # 2 though.

Anonymous said...

I like to see Danno has one of our shirts represented in his pile o' sh@!

Anonymous said...

frosted flakes and toothpaste...and chelle, these photos are great! I cracked up!

Michelle said...

sorry folks, BBQ chips are what you see spilled out on the deck--Dewey decided to rip the bag wide open. The bag then blew into the woods on a windy day. are we hill-billys or what?

MiniMe Mom said...

Not at all. I have spots like that all over the house that I should just pick up, but am too lazy. I am right there with you!

Anonymous said...

I like the looks of all of it. Food on the deck is good for all: birds, mice, ants, and an occasional human to eat at anytime. The toothpaste is great, no need to squeeze just wipe your brush on the handy dispenser cap. As for toys and clothes spread around, at least you can always find them. Weeds are are friends, they provide food and cover for pheasants, turkeys, and deer. (If they get tall enough) Leave it the way it is - it is called home.

denise said...

I was guessing cereal of some sort on the deck also. The toothpaste thing is so typical! Been there, done that many times! The messy rooms, just that lived in look. Nothing wrong with that. I agree with your dad, it is your home and that's all that matters! Love you, Mom D