WWJD "what would Judy do?"
As I reflect on the month gone by a few things won't escape my mind, moments of less than perfect parenting. Unfortunately, I didn't contemplate WWJD--Judy or Jesus.
- Not once but twice I brought Joy to the grocery store, still in her sleeper. It wasn't morning, we just didn't get her dressed that day.
- My middle child stuck up for his older brother and stated "Mom, stop being so mean to us!"
- In the effort to hurry my children to the car in the cold weather, I told Dewey to "run a little faster!" He then tripped and fell in the sloshy snow and was devasted. Geesh, I felt bad about that one.
- And then there are those little fibs that we tell our children, like "oh, the snowmobile is out of gas, we can't ride it today." Or the infamous threat "do you want me to tell Daddy about how you're behaving?"
- I think I get stuck in a rut this time of year when it comes to preparing meals for my family. As I type, what do you think my kids are having for lunch?
I look forward to a new the month of March and some magnificent mothering. I praise God for giving me these precious lives to raise, I thank Him for renewing me daily to take care of my family and for the forgiveness I receive for the mistakes I do make.