Tuesday, March 11, 2008

brain bender...sort of.


So I was driving past a local Costco the other day and saw lines of cars, some 6 long at their gas pump.

Odd, I thought. Does Costco has super excellent gasoline? Is there some oil shortage I didn't hear about on the news? Why are all these people wasting, I mean, waiting in line for gas?

Considering I could see 2 gas stations from where I was located I wondered why folks would prefer to:

1. waste time (and probably gas, it was a cold day) in a long line at Costco.
2. not just go to the station across the street where they would be first in line.
3. drive to Costco from who knows where, just for gas. It's not like Costco is on every corner. You know some of these folks drove a considerable distance to wait in this ridiculous line.

It's all about the washingtons & lincolns. At these gas prices, the jacksons and the benjamins too! Costco must have el-cheapo gas. But after doing the math, does it really save that much $$ over the Quik-E-Mart across the street or conveniently placed Fill-R-Up on the way to your destination?

Maybe that was you in line for gas that day, I judge not.
I am severely about convenience these days, prolly to a fault. If I need Milk and it costs me 4 bucks a gallon but is on my way home from somewhere I will grab it and go rather than drive to some obscure place to get it for $3.19.

blogger nation, what do you think?

6 comments:

MiniMe Mom said...

I used to be about price, now I am about convenience.

What I really do not understand is when two gas stations right across the street from each other offer different prices on gas. No lines waiting at either, so why do some people choose the higher station?

$4 for milk? You need to venture to 'Rent'wood more often:-)

Lia said...

I heard the price was going up! We currently are spending $4.68 per gallon here!!!! It is a good thing that I do not drive anywhere! THIS IS CRAZY!

Anonymous said...

I shop at Family Fare just to get the 10 cents/gallon off. I had to buy 2 dozen eggs to get it this week, good thing it is Easter b/c I already had a dozen in the frig at home. (I guess we will be decorating eggs this weekend.)

Anonymous said...

Time for a plug for the "hometown" business. They are there when you need them (even after hours), their prices may be a little higher but quite often if you talk with them you can get a better price because they do not have to go thru all the red tape. They support your schools, your churches, and the business of husbands. What has Crapco done for you lately other than save you a few cents on something you really didn't need. (Eggs?)

Nicole said...

I am with you...it's all about convienence.

tami said...

I have to admit I don't look at the price of gas. When I need it I fill up at the closet gas station near me, the only thing I look for is if they have pay at the pump .