Wednesday, March 05, 2008

This just In...Mini-Van Mega-Fun returns!

Since I have not blogged for nearly 3 weeks, I have received much flak and inquiry as to where I went. I did not disappear into some blogger's abyss. Thank you for your concern and/or mockery. If anyone still checks in, well, why I haven't blogged doesn't have much to do with anything except that life gets in the way and days turn into weeks and so on. Excuses, excuses.

February was a month of snow, winter fun, illness, and sadness. March has arrived and we celebrate a new month of birthdays, "a birth-day", and my yearly itch (let's blame the hormones) to paint the interior of the house (yes, again).

I am putting together a little photo show of recent events that I will post soon.

For now I can sum up the last few weeks with numbers.
  • pregnant now for 240 days, 40 to go
  • 32lbs. and counting.
  • different colors my kitchen/living room area has been in 6 years---6
  • number of times my daughter told me to "stick a sock in it" ---at least 10.
  • Joy turned 4
  • I welcomed in 32
  • Hugs given and tears shed in sadness and in praise---many, so many.
  • 56 candles for my parental units.
  • pink diaper pail purchased---1
  • 111 miles traveled to IKEA for house goodies where Dan consumed the 15 pc. meatball plate.
  • number of solid contenders for the name of our little bun in the oven--ZERO
Well, I guess that counts for a blog entry, sketchy as it is.
More to come.
Just for giggles, a photo that never gets old.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laurie said...

Welcome back. I, along with the rest of the slightly dysfunctional blogging world, missed you.

Love the preggers pic in your profile. You are too cute. I'm sure you are feeling "too cute" at eight months pregnant. :)

I have also painted every room in our house at least twice. Paint is cheap and us Dutch girls like cheap.

Anonymous said...

At least you finally changed your picture!

MiniMe Mom said...

Welcome back.

I am with you on so many items listed- the pregnancy pounds adding up, lack of a name, painting of the house, not blogging for the last few weeks about anything substantial. I have blogger's block.

So, what color are you painting?

Anonymous said...

How about Mauve?

denise said...

I am not going to give you a hard time about not blogging for a while. I have to be the worst, although Amy is running a close second! It is good to have you back though because you always have such clever things to write about!
I also must say that I don't know of any other man who would repaint the interior of the house more times than Dan has! What a trooper! It looks really nice; quite a change in colors for you.
Your baby time is coming soon and so is Spring. What a great time we will be having on the hill!
Love you, Mom D

Anonymous said...

Pictures of the new color, please!

MiniMe Mom said...

Don't feel too indecisive--We have a friend in Redlands that used to paint her kitchen almost every week. She really loved to paint and could never decide on a color.

Once she finally found a paint color she liked, she would stick with it for a while, but that girl paints almost every month at least one room:-) She even painted most of our house LOL