Thursday, March 13, 2008

so long ol' trusty.



After 7+years of living in a "bag of Skittles" as Dan would say, we have made a few changes in the house.
After many spills, spit ups, farts, and what have you on the old , colorful couch, we shipped her off to the second hand store. Kind of sad for me, exciting for Dan.

Thumbs up to Danno and his willingness to spend some time appeasing my nesting instincts. He has a list a mile long of "honey -dos" before the baby arrives. Including the most dreaded...crib assembly.

Here are a few photos of the new neutral color scheme. Now, rather than a bag of Skittles, I would say we live in a coffee cup. Mmmm...coffee with cream.

that is all.

6 comments:

Lia said...

Wow! I have never know anyone to change paint color so much!! I think it is great to change. So sad about the couch! I loved it!! I keep seeing sneaks of the prego pics - I would love to see more!

Love you guys

Anonymous said...

Looks like the colors in my house. Now all you need is the mustard yellow and a ketchup red. (that is what my kids call my wall colors)They really are tuscan yellow and burgundy wine.
It looks good, and when paint is cheap why not change it up once and awhile. Makayla is on her 2nd room color in 3 yrs.

Katie said...

Looks good Chelle. One of these days I promise I will make the trek across the driveway and see it in person!

Unknown said...

Looks great, chelle!!!!! I can't wait to seet it in person.

joan b. said...

Had to smile at Katie's comment - does she have a new baby or something?
Love the colors - but, sorry Dan, I loved to old ones, too :) You have a great knack for decorating!
Love and hugs from all the way in Byron Center :)

Sonny Huisman said...

Wow! So subdued . . . I can hardly believe it. Where's the picture of the new couch?