Friday, August 11, 2006

Happy Birthday ~~part 2

I said I was going to say more about Dan for his birthday. He deserves the heartfelt words I have been known to express in previous posts. So here they are.

A Family Man

If someone were to ask me
Why I'm so proud of you,
I'd have so many reasons
But here are just a few.
Your caring manner with all kids
Your sacrificing way
Your knowing life's priorities
In living day to day.
Your goal to give
each of us
the things we most desire
Your time to be that
Family man
Is what I most admire
And though I rarely tell you
How much these mean to me,
I realize that you're a man
Of rare quality.

I saw this poem on a plaque and found it fitting. If it is to cheesy for you I will leave you with a little humor to lighten the mood... A photo of Dan in Canada, doing what he does best!!

Love Ya Hon! Hope you had a good birthday, we pray God blesses richly this year!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that the pic Bart was talking about in the "unfinished" Dan birthday tribute? I think it is!! That's a good way to attract the big ones!

Anonymous said...

Fig could not have said it better. I my have misspelled it though.

Triplet Mom said...

I was all impressed with chelle's poetry skills, but then she gave credit where it was due.

John better watch out for logs when boating!

Anonymous said...

I thought at first maybe the poem was a Stacey original.
Hey Stacey theres a new job for you. You can write poems for greeting cards and plaques. You could put your talent to money.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm...extra income for hunting trips. Sounds good Tami

Anonymous said...

Who can't write poetry?
I will write a rhyme
It will only cost you a dime.
Dan is going like a man
I really like his even tan.
He brought or family the love
but in his family Drew likes to shove. Wow! That's good.

Michelle said...

Fig means, Dan brought "our" family the love.

glad to see you are blogging right to the end of your shift at work!

Maybe we have opened a bad can of worms with this poetry thing...

Anonymous said...

In keeping with the poetry theme,here is my rendition to the tune of " Oh Susanna"
Danny Dieleman you brought our family love, by marrying our daughter who we are so fond of.
No applause please, it's what I do.
We love you Dan! You're the best!