Tuesday, August 15, 2006

junk drawer

Last week the kids and I decided to clean out Daddy's Junk Drawer.

What treasures we found! This photo only shows the left over change, but we filtered through and found the following:
waxy ear plugs
old debit card
chapsticks
a slew of nails & wall ties
receipts
construction pencils
dirty, old peppermints
business cards
kid's game pieces
an old picture of Dan
and I in a photo booth

I am telling you, my kids thought they hit the jackpot! They sat and played for like 45 minutes with the contents of the Junk Drawer. I consider them easily entertained. Why didn't I think of this project sooner?

~Guessing Game~ How much $$ was in the drawer??




10 comments:

Tina said...

$24.76

Anonymous said...

$46.28

Anonymous said...

$24.77

Anonymous said...

You are not seriously going to count all of that are you? Time is Money Michelle - time is money. Julie H.

Anonymous said...

That is what the Coin Star machine is for. Or it is a counting and sorting game for the kids and make it worth their while by letting them use it to buy something.
I would say that there is $21.17, because there looks to be a lot of pennies.

Tina said...

I never did like Bob Barker. Always stealing your thunder!

Anonymous said...

A dollar - two ninety eight

Anonymous said...

No wonder I have such problems with the accounting. Fig counts just like he spells!

Anonymous said...

55.01


sara

Sonny Huisman said...

I bet it's more than you think! Mike and I brought a jar full of change to the Coinstar machine at Meijers . . . and we had almost $150 buckaroos!

My guess would be $103.54

When will we find out? Does the lucky guesser win the pot?

I dare you to go shopping with it . . .

Teller at Banana Republic: "Um, that will be $55.78 mam"

Chelle: "OK, just a minute . . . (as she pours a purse full of change on to the counter) $.25, $.50, $.75, $1.00!"

That was a great mental picture for me, Chelle, thanks for the laugh!