Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Mommies aren't supposed to get sick!


I don't know if I am just a wuss, but I was down and out yesterday. My body temp was cookin' and the toilet was flushin' all day. I was getting worse instead of better as the day went on. My kids are getting to an age where they can entertain themselves rather well if needed, thank goodness. Here are some things that occured while I lay feverish on the couch:

  • I heard Dewey run to the cupboard every hour and yell to Chase "I'll get you a bed-time snack" It doesn't matter what time of day it is, it is still a bed-time snack.
  • Joy brought me every pillow in the living room and a few of her Care Bears to sleep with.
  • Chase made his own sandwich and one for his brother.
  • One time I opened my eyes and Joy had a bottle of nail polish and scissors in her hands!
  • I did have to get up twice to "Mom, come look at my turds" if you know what I mean.
  • The boys stayed in their undies all day
  • Everytime the phone rang, Joy would bring it to me.
The way I see it, my kids get along pretty good without me, shall I take a nap everyday?

10 comments:

Dana said...

What lovely photo of you with Joy attending to your every need.

Hope you're feeling better.

Old School said...

Thanks, now I'm going to get sick from you from reading your blog, Eewe!

Anonymous said...

Why is it everyone always so nice to you when you are sick? Jude is always nice to me when I am sick. The sicker I am the nicer she is, however she will keep her distance. I usually need more sympathy than I get.

Anonymous said...

Why is it that you guys always get sick? Seriously....once one of you gets sick it just goes down the family.....and then it just repeats....I'm staying away now that I live back home. :)

Anonymous said...

Nap? What the heck - just leave to go shopping! They did fine right? If they smell smoke they'll run outside - please. And a new outfit is so worth Joy cutting her hair a little and some pink nailpolish on the carpet. At least YOU'LL look cute after being out alone all day. I hope noone from social services reads your blog. Julie H.

Anonymous said...

Oh Chelle, I'm so sorry you were sick and I wasn't able to help you. I remember when I was sick once and I had to call Sue A to ask if you kids could come over for a few hours while I took a nap and got rid of a fever.Hopefully you'll be well soon so you can see Stacey and the babies.She misses you she told me this am. Poor Lori has been under the weather too and hasn't been able to come to Stacey & Brad's. I'm praying I stay healthy as Dad is not feeling to great either. Good thing I'm sleeping at Stacey's house tonite. Feel better soon. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Mom H again, I can just picture and hear all the goings on at your house yesterday. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I read all the stuff.

Michelle said...

Oh all you can do is laugh at the obsurdity of it all... that was all I could do when I had to check out the turds.

Anonymous said...

At least you have the couch. I am hiding in a dinky bathroom of a hotel room while Rob and Noah are at Walmart just so we can get Elli to go to sleep. Ahhh. . . the relaxation of vacation.

Anonymous said...

What,s wrong with a motel bathroom. I used to hide in a cold, dark sand pit.