Thursday, August 17, 2006

More Triplet Pics

Yesterday I was so privileged to spend awhile at the hospital with just Stacey and her girls.
I watched her feed Sophie and Olivia. It was so beautiful in so many ways. I can't tell you how many times my sister sat and chatted with me as I feed one of my babies, and know I got to sit back and spend time watching her blossom into motherhood. With gentle hands and a quiet calming voice she encouraged Olivia to keep on sucking that bottle to get every little mL. (they drink 30mL, that's equal to 1 oz.) With amazement we watched Sophie suck down 30mL of formula in no time, so eagerly that Stacey had to stop her from drinking too fast. The girls are doing so well and next step is to see how their little bodies will tolerate an open bassinette. Stacey is heading home today, 9weeks after she went on bedrest. She is happy to be released but is also hard to leave her daughters at the hospital. Thanks for all the words of encouragement, and keep the prayers coming! Many challenges as well as triumphs are ahead. Below are more photos and the girls are in this order:
Stacey & Sophie
Olivia
Evie sound asleep
Sophie working up a burp
A super proud (and very lucky to hold one) Auntie!





5 comments:

Old School said...

but how much money was in the drawer? you can't leave us hanging like that

Michelle said...

oh, that's right. I will leave you hanging till tomorrow... but you were all waaaaay off.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't a dollar - two ninty eight cover everything? Stacey is doing very well with the babies. She learned a lot after dropping "Picker" the dog.

Anonymous said...

You can't wait until tomorrow I'll be gone on vacation!

Anonymous said...

My guess is $45.50. But more importantly I'm so glad you girls could have that special time together with the babies.Yes, Stacey is a natural at mothering and so were you Chelle.Oh, there will be challenging days ahead as you know,but the joys will far outweigh them. I'm so looking forward to lov'in up those little ones.Brad is all about his little girls too and will be an awesome daddy. I can't believe they may be coming home soon. How things change in less than a week!God is so good to us all.