Friday, November 03, 2006

randomness


Somehow I lost all of my Halloween photos from my memory stick--WAAAHHHH! thus no pix of the kids in their costumes--I know, you'll get over it.

SO today I have this weird grievance to report. ( I smell a soapbox) About this time of year I start receiving mailers from various non-profits and charities. Most of them are simple letters with an envelope, others are not. Some organizations send you return address stickers, ok, that's handy, others send you a notepad or postcards. I have also received an actual packet of seasoning for chicken broth which I was supposed to sign and send back to the homeless shelter with my donation. But today I actually got an ink pen and Christmas cards from a particular organization. What is the point of this? Don't get me wrong, I believe in giving of our financial resources but doesn't it make more sense for them to save the extra $ spent on fancy packaging, pens, stickers, or whatever they choose to give out to thousands of people and instead use that money for their cause? I suppose I know nothing about marketing and PR, but getting a shiny new pen from some organization does not make me any more likely to donate to them, maybe even less likely.

Ok, any thoughts? Am I just a scrooge or what?




13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bah Humbug! Just send me the cash.

Anonymous said...

Come on Chelle, it's for the kids.

Anonymous said...

How about a cigarette butt?

Old School said...

One, its sad, but most people don't/won't give unless they're "wowed"
and B, it must work if they keep doing it
4th, telemarketing must work too cause they keep doing that
and last, I agree with you, I don't get it either, what's the point.

tami said...

I agree, I especially hate the telemarketers that keep trying to get money out of you by "guilting" you, after you've said a polite no thank-you.

MiniMe Mom said...

While we are on the subject, I hate it when the telemarketers have the computer randomly call. I pick up the phone and then there is a 15 second delay. Hate that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sDKpa7D-TI

go to this site for what one guy does about this.

MiniMe Mom said...

Oops, I did not realize there are a few swear words. Sorry!

Old School said...

That #$%@@! minime mom

Old School said...

in response to footin blogspot,
Now you wrecked it for everyone else

MiniMe Mom said...

I am sorry! My dad showed me that link first and I did not realize there were some swear words...

this from the guy that had the post anout fascinate. Sheesh.

Old School said...

fascinate! lol, now thats just funny

Anonymous said...

Hey, we looked at your pumpkin pictures and Jarod says it doesn't look like Drew because he is usually in his underwear. I thought that was pretty funny and had to share with you.

Anonymous said...

Chelle, I felt the same way when I received the packet of soup mix.