Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Do Not Try This At Home.

Our little one learned about electricity this week---the hard way What's worse is that it happened right under my nose. Dewey has a great imagination and he was racing around little hot wheel cars on the kitchen floor. What was plugged into this outlet was the plug and cord from a baby monitor.

You do the math, or in this case the science. He was playing with a metal car and the cord and somehow thought it would be a good idea to touch the car to the prong? thingys that go into the outlet.

The result was blood curdling scream, a huge spark, and drywall dust all over the place.
I think he may have got a little shock, because he told me later that he "couldn't move when he was playing with that thing"



A lesson learned you might ask?
Not so much. Ten minutes later Dan caught him playing with the plug from the vacuum and a nearby outlet!

12 comments:

MiniMe Mom said...

Oh My Goodness! That could have been bad.

A while ago I blogged about going to Olive Garden with two of my friends. The dark haired one in the picture actually chewed an outlet plug when she was 2 and was in a coma for ten days. She ended up having to wear a silicone mask to keep her lips from fusing for almost three years. Scary. Kayden does that all the time too.

MiniMe Mom said...

I def. am not a morning person either.:-) Does it not work to do lunch on Friday? It would be nice if we all could go.

Anonymous said...

I see Dewey has aspirations of working for his uncle Bart. What a smart kid. I did something similar as a young'un. I stuck some key in a plug. Needless to say there were quite a few sparks flyin' around.

Old School said...

That happened to me once, no lasting side affect

Old School said...

That happened to me once, no lasting side affect

Old School said...

That happened to me once, no lasting side affect

Anonymous said...

I could not be more proud of my grandson. He has great potential in pyrotechnics with his granpa. Sparks and fire are some of my favorate things. 4th of July is right around the corner.

Old School said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Old School said...

Merry Christmas, PS I don't like your beta version, it always asks me questions

Michelle said...

what kind of questions does the BETA version ask of you?

Old School said...

"This page contains secure and non secure items, do you want to display the non secure items?"

Every time I leave or read a comment.
It never did that before and no one elses blog asks me that.

Michelle said...

I think that might be a question asked by your internet browser? Tell it to quit asking you that. But, yeah, this beta version is rather pointless--they suckered me into it.