Tuesday, November 14, 2006

self awareness.


I am one of those weird-0s that has to do all of my Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving. I also make a meal plan for what I am going to bring to each party and get-together and buy all the groceries at once. While I'm talking about unusual habits, I also have to balance my checkbook everyday. Sounds practical (crazy), right?

What seems odd to me is that I can be extremely organized and structured about certain things, but utterly disorganized and undisciplined about others. I observe that people are wired either one way or the other--clean or a slob, good with money or bad with money, healthy or unhealthy. I find myself to be a human oxymoron, so many contradicting behaviors. I fiend clean countertops but don't look inside my cupboards--ewwww! when was the last time I washed them out? I balance my checkbook daily, then why is it that I made a overdraft from the wrong account? I require that my son learn his Bible memory verse, but when was the last time I did the same? I'll will buy the cheapest and least comforting toilet paper on the market, but spend $80 bucks on pair of jeans (gasp!)

What's the deal? Does anyone else go to such extremes as I? I would like to hear about.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I won't buy new shoes for myself until the ones I'm wearing start letting in the mudpuddles through the soles, but my daughter has indoor and outdoor soccer shoes. It kills me to pay more than $20 for any article of clothing for myself, but we just spent $100 on Underarmor for her. I about hyperventilated when it cost $100 for the 4 of us to go the Olive Garden, but we're going to Hawaii for Christmas. Yeah I'd say I go to extremes occasionally too.

MiniMe Mom said...

I will drive ten miles to Walmart to save $1 on laundry soap. In the meantime, I have spent $5 extra on gas. You are not alone.

Anonymous said...

You are definately not alone! I feel guilty spending any money on myself - especially for clothes, but have no problem paying a babysitter $30 just to get away!

My house is semi clean on a daily basis, but before I go away on vacation it has to look perfect! Huh? Nobody's even here to see it!

Anonymous said...

I've always been telling you - "You are a wierdo"

Anonymous said...

I have things like that too. I will only buy clothes if they are on sale or clearance, (except underwear, only from Victoria's Secret) but I buy the softest most expensive toilet paper. There are a lot of things that I do that make me think that I have problems. I have to have the beds made before I bring Makayla to the bus but I still have not showered. I too have to have the house clean before we go on vacation. Go figure. There are many more that I can name off but it would take up to much room.

Old School said...

You guys are creepy

Old School said...

Hey, e boy, they sell under-armor knock offs at walmart, cheap