Monday, December 18, 2006

How lame are we?--wait don't answer that.

Last Friday night Dan and I had the kids to bed early and stood in our kitchen catching each other up on the week's events. All week I had been eyeing a certain break-n-bake cookie block in my frig. It was time to bust it open! You should have seen the expression of joy on Dan's face at the thought of those cookies--now only minutes away! I made him pose for this photo. The simple pleasures in life.

I'm glad to be at a point in our marriage and our lives where it is just as fun to stay home and eat factory made cookies and talk as it is to go out for dinner just to get away from home.
And for those cookies-they didn't last the weekend.

7 comments:

Dana said...

Ahh, nothing like reading Mini-Van Mega Fun whilst listening to the Dingos.

And I know how Dan feels, waiting for those cookies. That's why we eat most of them before they're even baked. Salmonella? What Salmonella?

MiniMe Mom said...

I just made a batch of those last night. Oh yes, I have already eaten six of them.

I, too, would almost rather stay home.

Anonymous said...

Didn't last the weekend? I bet they didn't last the NIGHT!

Michelle said...

perhaps you are correct sir.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm quite astute

Old School said...

I'm just happy to be leaving a message as myself

Anonymous said...

I just love that Danny! He's easy to please and very helpful. He deserves every cookie he gets.Oh, and Chelle,I hate to tell you this but you and Dan are getting more and more like me and the Fig all the time.Most nights we are just as happy as clams to sit on the recliner and couch(legs in the L shape) and discuss our grandchildren and the days events. Ah, what fun!