Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Please Pray for these folks. .

Today on my heart I feel the need to ask all you bloggers to pray.

I have been following the story of Josh Buck a local pastor of Greenhouse Ministries.

The short story is while vacationing in Mexico, he was is a swimming accident, leaving him partially paralyzed and in Rehab for the next few months. He spoke on a local radio station yesterday and I was amazed at his strength, his attitude, and his firm grasp that God is in control of this situation, and his willingness to give God the glory in all that has happened in their lives.



Please include my Aunt in your prayers. She has been living with ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) for some time now, and recently had to adjust to some major changes. Pray for her husband, her family, her care-takers. Pray for peace and comfort, and for good days.


I'm not sure how many of you are out there reading this blog, but when you do, offer up a prayer on the behalf of these people. It is needed, and God hears us!

Thanks.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chelle- Thank you so much for including my mother in your prayers. The Lord knows that we are going to need the extra strength in the days, weeks and possibly months to come. I will include in my prayers the pastor that you spoke about. In times like these I try to remember what Jeremiah 29:11-13 says; For I know that plans I have for you.... There is a reason for everything, it just may not be what we have in mind.

Laurie said...

Can I just say, "too much." Too much for one family to handle (losing a small child and a paralyzing accident.) What I often forget however is that God never says "too much". He can handle it because HE IS GOD.

Saying a prayer ...

Anonymous said...

Our family believes that the Lord does not give you more than you can handle; and He thinks that our family can handle a lot!!!

Anonymous said...

Stacey received a plaque thingy while on bedrest that said "The Lord doesn't give us what we can handle, He helps us handle what we are given"

Dealing with Triplets on a daily basis we know that is true.

denhartigh said...

That is very rough. I'll remember them in my prayers. We just had a family at our school lose their dad to Lou Gehrig's. My heart aches for his 2 little girls and his adorable wife. Life stinks.

MiniMe Mom said...

I am not trying to be nosy, but does anyone know what his daughter died form?

Michelle said...

jamie, I'll email you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the prayer request for aunt Pat.The Lord promises grace and strength when His children need it and we have seen and felt His promise kept and will continue to see it. Our God is FAITHFUL!!