Thursday, March 15, 2007

Spring Cleaning?



Without fail, this time of year makes me cringe when I look around at my home. Dirty doors and walls, gooey windows, dusty drawers. It's time to spring clean this place. I procrastinated so long last year that spring cleaning 2006 has now turned into spring cleaning 2007.

So, will I bite the bullet, or will I get out the Murphys soap, and Windex only to finish my complete my mudroom? (that was spring cleaning 2005) The question I have is, do people still spring clean? Is it just a ritual that housewives used to have time for?

Here are the Elements of Clean, some may find it helpful, others may find it unnerving.

Download the PDF "period table of cleaning" It all looks fine and good---


for my mother.

14 comments:

Dana said...

I am quite suspicious that spring cleaning ever really happened. I think it's something early generations made up to encourage guilt in later generations.

Anonymous said...

I'm a spring cleaner!...but it's not even spring yet, so dont fret.

tami said...

I came home from vacation to a spotless house. Thanks mom. I am counting that as spring cleaning, she's got to be a better cleaner than me.

Anonymous said...

It started back in Jesus' time, When he went into the church and found that it was not being used as a place of worship. Remember he flipped the tables and drove everyone out. This was said to be about a month before Passover. He was the first to start Spring Cleaning.

Michelle said...

and how!

Anonymous said...

And How???

Michelle said...

What is the origin of the phrase "And how"?

"and how! Indicating 'intensive emphasis of what someone else has just said,'

Laurie said...

Are moms could spring clean because they weren't blogging.

Laurie said...

I meant "our" but I really don't think and type while commenting. (Either that or I am now officially spelling like a SCHS grad since I married one. =)

MiniMe Mom said...

I feel like spring cleaning so I wait and wait until the weather is warm to clean. The problem is once spring is here, I have no desire to clean anymore.

Sonny Huisman said...

Laurie - are you really ripping on the SCHSers for spelling? Ouch!

Anonymous said...

You younger generation have it all wrong. It is no longer "spring cleaning" or "fall cleaning", it is now called "sprall cleaning." That means that you do it all year long (or you neglect it all year long--whatever you wish.)

Michelle said...

well said Aunt C. It does take all year, I think I'm up for the challenge!

Anonymous said...

Fig don't clean. Period.