Thursday, May 10, 2007

not a pretty sight


Today was the weirdest day. Most of it was spent sleeping and staring into space. In almost ten years of marriage, Dan and I have shared a lot. This time we shared the stomach flu. Both sick at the same time. Picture two grown adults hunched over walking back and forth to the bathroom at regular intervals. Picture our 3 kids running circles around us as we try to get them ready for school. Picture in your mind Dan and I watching King of The Hill at 2:00 in the afternoon. Picture the sticky dishes in the sink that have been there for two days now and Dan's boots still in the driveway from yesterday where he kicked them off in a mad rush to find the toilet. It was a weird day, I am glad it is almost over. I am so thankful for my mother who came over and took Dewey to school and took our little miss jabber box home with her.

Please pray that my mom doesn't catch this nasty little flu.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chelle, I am feeling so bad for you right now!!!! Please let me know if you need anything! I can do a meal, but you might get sick all over again :)

I wondered where you were today...Post Farm was good times...nothin' like the Critter Barn though.

Triplet Mom said...

I hate the stomach flu. I get it way too often. The experience of it is still raw in my memory. I really feel for you!

Here's a blog hug - I'm not getting near those germs!!!!!

MiniMe Mom said...

Oh Chelle! Josh and I had the flu at the same time last year. Kayden gave it to both of us, plus my mom. My little brother ended up saving us by taking Kayden. I am a big wuss when it comes to the flu. Hope you feel better soon!

Old School said...

If I get the flue from visiting this blog, I'll never let you hear the end of it.

Anonymous said...

RP & I had it together last summer. In 40 years of marriage it was the first time we spent all day together in bed. (And it wasn't fun.)
We actually called dibs on which bathroom we were running to. Pretty sad, don't you think?
Hope you both feel better soon!

Michelle said...

Bummer! Nothing like both parents being down and out. Hope you are feeling better and the rest of the family stays healthy! There's nothing better than a grandma - what would we do without them!

MiniMe Mom said...

I actualy saw Joy outside and wanted to pop over and say Hi today, but then remembered this post and thought better of it- how ya doing?

Sonny Huisman said...

I'm so sorry guys! Two parents down for the count - three kids running circles around you in the meantime = no fun!

Hopefully you'll be fully recovered soon. I've heard it's been a fairly short-lived bug.

I'm with Triplet Mom - giving you a blog hug. I feel crappy enough already . . . I'll stay away from the barfing.