Monday, September 03, 2007

5 out of 5 pregnancy tests agree...

pregnancy due date
We hope to add another car seat to the Mini-Van next spring.
After years of discussion and prayer God has blessed us with another pregnancy. We are all slowly adjusting to the idea.

The first few weeks went a little something like this:
  • I was excited that Dan & I had made a decision, regardless of the outcome, we (finally) left it all to God instead of ourselves
  • I found myself thinking about baby names while sitting in the chair for a dental procedure---weird, I thought.
  • I began bawling in Toys R Us when I could not find the right triplet baby dolls for my nieces.
  • Other symptoms (moms, you know what I mean) began to appear.
  • I began eating like it was my job---still am
  • I did a test and tried my best to keep the positive result a secret, but to no avail.

I was in a bit of denial for awhile as I made it a weekly activity to buy a pregnancy test (Mom D. , remember when you saw me buying one?) thinking somehow I may have just imagined the symptoms I felt.

So here we are, on our way again. We covet your prayers that God blesses this little life with health and strength , and that we all can make adjustments as they come.

Oh, and that I will stop being so IRRITABLE!
That's all for now!

18 comments:

Heather said...

Yeah!!! So happy for you!!! After talking with you a few weeks ago- I knew you needed to have more. This new baby will be so blessed to part of your family.
Congrats, Heather

Anonymous said...

Oh, so now this irritable thing is NEW??? Hmmm...Anyway congratulations from your favorite brother in law.

Just don't ask us to help watch the hosers. We've got enough of our own!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't believe you took 5 tests!

tami said...

Congratulations Chelle!!!!!

I can totally understand the 5 prego tests. This baby theme seems to be catching on. My good friend Robin is pregnant, Jaime, and now you.

Praise God for all these new lives.

Old School said...

congratulations. I hope my wife doesn't catch it

Michelle said...

Carl,
you'll have to take drastic measures to ensure your wife does not catch this bug.

your nerds, am I right?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Chelle and Dan! I am so happy for you guys!

I totally understand the pregnancy test thing, too...and the crying for no reason.

MiniMe Mom said...

I am so EXCITED for you guys! Praise God for this little one, it will be so much fun to have another kid the same age.

Congrats!!!!

MiniMe Mom said...

BTW- I took about four tests with Kayden. Even when I was twelve weeks, I still took one--not believing I was pregnant.

I am sure I would have done the same thing this time had circumstances been different:-)

Katie said...

Congrats again! We are so happy for you guys and I am so excited to have someone so close to be pregnant with :) Now we just have to worry about Scott and Dan can complaining about their pregnant wives with each other!

Laurie said...

WHOA BABY! Congrats on the baby news.

I always wondered why women take more than one preg. test. 5 is a little out of hand. (FYI: They sell them at the dollar store. Remember that for your next pregnancy!) :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats, I am happy for you all. I am just glad that it is you and not me. Today was my first day of freedom in 10 years. Both kids are now in school all day!!! No more diapers for me, Thanks.

Anonymous said...

So much for Joy having mommy all to herself.

Anonymous said...

Professional Pharmacy is running a special on pregnacy tests. I love grandkids so all my tests come out positive. Prenatal vitamins are one of my favorate prescriptions to fill. I am so happy for all the new moms to be.

Sonny Huisman said...

I sure hope the baby bug is catchy . . .

5 pregnancy tests? It's cheaper to pay your co-pay and get a real test done at your OB's office. They don't usually lie . . .

MiniMe Mom said...

I am thinking I should have gone to Fig...would have been cheaper!

Lia Leenstra said...

I am so happy for you michelle. I only wish I could be there to see you and Katie and your growing precious bellies. Love you guys!!!

denise said...

Can't wait for next Spring when there are 2 new little ones on the hill! Just love holding those precious babies. It's been a while! We are so excited and happy for all of you. I'm sure Chase will change his mind about rather having a puppy as soon as he sees this new little one! Love you! Mom
p.s. Watch out Aunt Marva, we might catch up someday!