Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Dan the Man.



I thought it due time I sing a song of praise for my husband.
Often I joke about him, post silly photos of him and he is such a good sport about it.

This time I will tell you how proud I am of him.
About 2 months ago, Dan was told that he needed to make a few changes in his diet and exercise routine. Two months ago his diet consisted of eating whatever he wanted and mass quantities of it. Two months ago Dan's exercise routine included walking from the couch to bed at night. I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but his day to day job is exhausting and rarely left any energy for exercise at 9pm at night. It was a challenge to say the least.

After his blood tests along with a family history concluded that his cholesterol, triglycerides, and blood sugar was elevated to a point unhealthy for a 30 something man, he decided to take action.

With the accountability of our Bro-in-law Scotty, Dan began running! He gave up fast food (still enjoying an occasional burger) and started eating breakfast. Cutting his portions considerably he as now lost about 12 pounds!!!

It was a rough first couple of weeks but it has been so good to see him commit to this. I am so proud of him. In no time he will be the poster boy for healthy construction workers.

Props to Dan today! (I'll try to get a better photo of him real soon)

16 comments:

Dana said...

Way to go, Danno!

Marva's "Marvalous" Memories said...

Way to go Daniel!! I'm trying to do the same thing right now and I know it's not as easy as it sounds!! Keep it up!! Love ya! Aunt Marva

Lia said...

Dan - Way to go - by the way love the pic! That is great! I love the motivation you have - It is great to have Scotty D as an accountability partner! Can't wait to see the before and after photos

Anonymous said...

What better photo? Looks just like him!

MiniMe Mom said...

Lookin' thin, Danno.

This song rocks... although this weekend it was sung at a wedding and it was not quite the same.

Anonymous said...

Wedding Singers are SWEET!!!

Anonymous said...

Good Job Dan!
I too am proud of you. Gotta have my big brother around for a long time.
The picture is awesome!
Much Love

Anonymous said...

From a man who loves junk food to another - way to go. I do however like to sell pills for that sort of problem.

Nicole said...

Good job, Dan! Discipline is hard to come by if you love food!

Now I know what dan would look like with an afro!

tami said...

Chelle, I see you have begun using your photoshop. Sweet.
Dan, you looked great in person. Rob was amazed with you.

Laurie said...

Congrats. But really, doesn't it just suck that men can change lose weight so much faster than woman? ;)

Anonymous said...

I would not vote Dan off the show

Michelle said...

I know, Dan is losing at the rate I am gaining. No lie.

Triplet Mom said...

Dan looks like the Rubberband Man from Staples. Am I Right? He also looks like DaVonte who I used to teach at Vista. He used to let me through pencils at his fro to see if I could stick them. I was sweet at it by the end of the year!

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you, Dan! A lab report and an accountablility partner are both good motivators, right? Keep up the hard work....
Sending love and hugs -

Sonny Huisman said...

Good job Danny! Mike did the same thing last year, and he's down 43 pounds! If he can do it - so can you! He'd be happy to run with you some time too, if you need some extra accountability!

Keep it up! You're lookin' great!