Saturday, September 25, 2010

above the bridge

This summer Dan and Chase and Grandpa Hopkins ventured to Canada on Chase's first fishing trip.
I am not sure how long ago this tradition started,  but perhaps on and off for about 20 years.

I will admit Dan and I have a track record of procrastination.   Included to waiting until the last second to get Chase a passport.    The border patrol? laws have changed since my pops and brother went to Canada back in the day.   Let's just say we were impatiently waiting at the mailbox in the days before the trip.

Chase did get his passport card... 2 days after he left.   As it turns out,  only his birth certificate was needed for this type of cross country adventure.  I was so glad.  I had visions of Chase sitting in some corner room somewhere with no snacks,  waiting for me to come pick him up at the border while the rest of the fishing gang went on!







9 comments:

Mom H said...

I'm so thankful they could go and make some great memories. Good times!

braaaaaaaad said...

Let's see if I can get all my thoughts in without forgetting.

YOU procrastinate? That's a first!

Is that picture of Fig with the fish from this year? I think I've seen that in pictures, and person, about 50 times. Same hat, rain coat, pounded brass spoon...

Is that a gang sign in the last picture? I don't think Chase is allowed back. You don't flash gang signs in Canada eh!

MiniMe Mom said...

Are those Asian Carp? Just kidding:-)

Looks like they had fun.

fig said...

Ahhh, back on the blog again. Yes, Fig always gets a good pic because he catches big fish. Yeah, Chase grew up in Canada, thanks Corey for the gang sign.

fig said...

Ahhh, back on the blog again. Yes, Fig always gets a good pic because he catches big fish. Yeah, Chase grew up in Canada, thanks Corey for the gang sign.

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Hi Chelle...I'm featuring your blog on Walking With You this week...just wanted you to know.

I read your beautiful letter to April this morning. And, it just blessed my soul...and tugged at my heart. I remember the ache...wondering how I would walk through this and somehow honor the Lord. I remember wondering if I would trust Him when life wasn't perfect. I learned quickly that He is still good, when life isn't, and that although my heart could break and ache and resist the pain of all my circumstances...that I would cling to the truth that my God was still good. That He is faithful to carry me. And, He did...and He does!

Love to you...

Michelle said...

Kelly,
I hope you can receive this comment. Thank you so very much for featuring my blog. I was such a blessing this particularly difficult week. Thank you for all you do! Walking with You blog has been a important part of my journey though pregnancy loss.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!

Michelle said...

"It" was such a blessing
typo in my previous comment

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

I'm so glad you were encouraged this week...

Continued love and prayers...