Friday, September 17, 2010

Flashback Friday

Ask any mother you know.

She remembers the date(s) that her baby is/was due.
She remembers if they came early or late or for a few of us-- right on the money.

It is a day you count down to from the moment the stick turns positive.    
It is the day you observe in agony when your baby passed away far too soon.   

Today I have finally reached my due date for our 5th baby.
Today I think on all of them.
Chase D...   due March 25,  born March 18, 2000

Andrew J.D...  due April 25,  born April 15, 2002

Joy E...   due March 10,  born March 1, 2004

Juliet L...  due April 15,   born April 15, 2008
April...  due September 17,   born asleep April 15, 2010
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Baby Dieleman #6  due March 28, 2011 
 BabyFruit Ticker

With hope and trusting through our fears, 
we pray that we will receive the gift
of a
healthy baby,
full of life.  

  Not to us, O LORD, not to us
       but to your name be the glory,
       because of your love and faithfulness. 
Psalm 115:1

8 comments:

Unknown said...

tear of happiness for you and Dan. I pray that God will give you peace during your pregnancy. Praying also that all goes well and the baby #6 will continue to grow healthy and strong.

Anonymous said...

i was thinking of you today b/c i knew this day was coming. i pray God continues to give you strength and gives you joy with this new baby to anticipate and love:)

-amanda

Anonymous said...

<3 you guys!

Brandon & Amy

MiniMe Mom said...

praying for a heatlhy and happy nine months!

joan b. said...

Psalm 115:1 - perfect!

Sharing your journey and your joy!

Kristy said...

Tears of joy rolled down my face when I read this postings you will be in my prayers daily, God bless!!!!!

diplofam said...

been haunting your blog for a long time--don't know why exactly--we are strangers but my heart has been aching for you as you have grieved for your precious daughter--our 4th child was a bit of a surprise--like your April and I can't imagine our life without him--so today I was making dinner and I thought--I should take a look at her blog (haven't read in a few months)--and then I thought--She's pregnant again. So glad you are--congratulations! BTW my name is Carin--hope you don't think I am nuts!

Jenn said...

Congrats! Your baby is due on our 13th wedding anniversary! : )