Tuesday, September 07, 2010

the wheels on the bus...

go round and round.   (you know you just sang that! )

The second day of school brought to the end of our driveway-- a school bus!!!

For the last 5 years I have carpooled the kids to school.  It had its ups and downs.

This fall we had anticipated a newborn in the house and I had successfully lobbied Dan for our school's bus service so I wouldn't have to lug 5 kids out the door every morning.   Out of the pure love and graciousness in his heart,  he first gave me the go ahead on the bus when I was pregnant with April.    Out of a even larger and more generous heart,   the bus plan remained intact even though there is no newborn to care for this fall. 

It is a gift that keeps on giving every single day and I am deeply grateful.   
Here's a few pix from the first week o' school,  now that it is in the history books.

waiting... waiting...waiting...











yes!  it's finally here!








 

coming home much dirtier,  germier,  and smellier than when they left.

and of course,  I can't forget about this rascal....

3 comments:

natalie said...

the bus is wonderful isn't it? cute pics of your kids!

braaaaaaad said...

Couldn't they have always rode the bus for free???

mom H said...

I'm so happy you can use the bus!When I see your kids it so reminds me of you ,Stace and Ross at that age(approx)going to Moline Chr.And the "Buns". Let me guess... Nutella? Great pics!!