Friday, May 28, 2010

remembering Hannah.

A year ago,  the beautiful, short life of an infant in our church taught me so much about God's sovereignty,  about trusting when things just don't make sense,  and ultimately a stirring began in my heart.

Through no set of coincidences but rather God's workings I was privileged and devastated to see deep inside her parents grief following her passing.   I was profoundly inspired yet somewhat confused while witnessing them praise the name of Jesus in the midst of extreme pain.

The whole experience changed me.  

I truly believe it was no accident that God had our lives intertwine for that brief period.   Perhaps the One who knew I would I be mourning the loss of a daughter in that very same hospital a year later was preparing my heart.

Please don't get me wrong here.    God is God,  and I am not.   I am not claiming that the death of one precious life was meant to help me process my own loss.  I am just saying that I will not limit what the Holy Spirit can do and is doing!   I dare say it excites me,  does it you?

Thinking of  Hannah, April and all the Glory babies this Memorial weekend...

No comments: