Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Spring Break 2010

I neglected to blog about Spring Break.   Too bad really, it was a a wonderful vacation.   We had anticipated this week for months and when the day finally came we left 9 hours late because I was sick.    Really we left  9 hours and 20 minutes late because I made Dan turn around to get my swimsuit.    Honestly,  who forgets a swimsuit for a Spring Break trip?

Tonight I thought I would count my blessings... you know,  name them one by one. 

1. This Guy.   

2. These boys.

3.  These gals.

4. These Friends.

 5. These smiles.

 6.  Barney :) and traveling mercies.

7. This beauty

 8. This baby bump.

This is the only photo I have of my pregnancy with April.   Little did we know that exactly one week from the night this photo was taken,  we would be in a hospital room preparing to meet her far too soon.   Dan and I have talked often about what a gift the Spring Break trip was.  A gift in every sense of the word.    We had a (mostly) carefree week with beautiful weather and the company of precious friends.   

Honestly, my  heart hurts when I see this photo.  The unknowing smile on my face,  the glee of it all. Although April had already met her maker,  we did not yet know this.   Our family was blessed with a Spring Break  chock full of memories and we will always feel that she was with us during this special time.   

Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will keep singing as the days go by.

Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your many blessings, see what God hath done.
 


3 comments:

Mom H said...

In many ways your blessings are ours too. Thanks for the reminder to count them daily!Praying as always,love ya. Mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks for including us as one of your blessings :) We are Very blessed to have you guys also! Praying and thinking about you guys daily.
Amy

Unknown said...

...and what wonderful blessings they are. You are so blessed. Happy Mother's Day!!!! :)