Wednesday, September 27, 2006

the highlight of my week


I hate to offend my own children but Wednesdays are such a great day! After I lovingly send Chase on his merry way to school, I dump, :) I mean drop off Dewey and Joy at Grandma D.'s for a play day and I am off to the land of triplets. It's a magical place filled with tiny diapers, spreadsheets for charting, bottles galore, boob cream, and most importantly---Olivia, Evie, and Sophie (you too Stace) I absolutely enjoy every minute of my 4 hours at tripletville. You see, I have learned to embrace change instead of fear it. A part of me was worried that having triplets in the family would mean no more "hanging out" like Stacey and I once did, or even deeper thoughts---how much less time and attention would me and my kids get?? I cringe at my admission of that. I suppose that is a natural feeling, me being the eldest and all, getting married first, having the first grandkids, etc, etc, etc. But selfish nonetheless. I am happy to say that those feelings were short lived. The moment I laid eyes on those girls I knew that our family will only be enriched and blessed with these three little lives. They are truly the evidence of a good and loving God.
It is my joy to take a little care of them on Wednesdays.


Evie and Sophie hanging out with Auntie Chelle, and apparently Olivia found me boring.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Weds. off too.

Anonymous said...

To Fig,

Also Mondays, 1/2 of Tuesday, 1/2 of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

yes, Fig is semi-retired. He receives the AARP magazine as a card carrying member.

Old School said...

Fig has days off? I didn't even know he had a job! Wierd.

Old School said...

Fig has days off? I didn't even know he had a job! Wierd.

tami said...

I like Wednesdays too. I go to Bible study in the morning after which I pick up Elli feed her and put her down for a nap ( all the while Noah is in school). Then after bedtime I get the remote all to myself.

Anonymous said...

did the post removed by the blog administrator refer to boob cream?
just wondering

tami said...

I like the hair, doesn't look too short to me.

Anonymous said...

Yes you bore me, and I really like sleeping with my head on my shoulder

Anonymous said...

I hate Thursdays - I have to work. I am so busy trying to straighten everyone out on the blogs. I hope I am done working for the rest of the week. And yes Jude uses the AARP card for discounts but I refuse to carry one.

Anonymous said...

Michelle -
Those girls are beautiful! Who knew your little sister and Brad could make such cute babies?! Well - I knew your sister could...
Oh the old days of Marigolds with Brad singing his heart out - now he can sing crazy mr. rosema songs to the girls. It all comes full circle. Julie

Anonymous said...

Lenger, stop giving me grief. You knew I had it in me. I just needed a little help. Thank you though. I agree, they are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Chelle, I love Wed too. I have slept over the previous nite and I look forward to seeing you in the AM,maybe staying for another feeding and then going home for a nap knowing that you and Stace will have a great time and the girls will get lots o lovin.Great Pics!