Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Why Do You Love Blogging?

Ok, maybe love is a pretty strong feeling. I'm just curious though. Now that a handful of friends and family and even people I don't really know have got on the Blog Bandwagon. I want to know why we do it, and why we like it--or maybe you think it is a crazy waste of time?

This is why I enjoy the the blogosphere:

  • It is a way to keep in touch with loved ones far and near, and allow them to keep in touch with me
  • I like the honesty in the blogs I frequent, no bogus fronts, at least that is what I hope.
  • It is an outlet for me to say the things I might not actually be able to say aloud without boofing it up.
  • Teaching myself computer nerdy stuff.
  • Looking back on the events of my family the past year, like a scrapbook of sorts
  • Blogging gives me something to do other than shop on the internet :)
  • Encouraging words, humorous comments, and great photos. (Yes, even your blog Carl)
Any thoughts??

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like blogging because it's a great way to beg for chocolate chip cookies! (I'm still waiting for mine from Tami)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Why do I blog? I don't get any work done - It is a pain trying to spell words right - other bloggers write things under my name that are better than what I write - Kraig makes me - pictures of me are not very flattering - it's not made of chocolate and you can't eat it - Tami writes in it --- and yet each day I look forward to blogging.

Sonny Huisman said...

I like it because:
- It's a great way for the people I love to keep up with what's going on in my life (since I don't always have the courtesy to pick up the phone).
- I can take time from the busyness of everything else to wax poetic about the things I'm thinking about at the moment.
- I truly am addicted to other people's blogs - it's fun to read about what other people are thinking
- It's actually kind of therapeutic and relaxing (unless you can't get something to upload right, and then it's downright frustrating!)
- It keeps my phone line tied up so I don't get 10 calls from dish network!

Tina said...

I just like being nosey!!

Anonymous said...

I don't feel so out of touch here at home. It's kind of like an imaginary friend, you feel like your talking to somebody. Chelle, I am still thinking about starting a blog of my own. I have alot of useless stuff to say.

Anonymous said...

Rereading that I realize how sad I sound. An imaginary friend? Maybe I need a job.

Anonymous said...

Tami, you don't need a blog you just to make more cookies!

Anonymous said...

Tami, there are a lot of jobs out there for retired chearleaders - ask DeVo

Anonymous said...

I am sorry I do not understand your question, of course we blog, the question is why wouldn't we? but I appreciate the props
BUT I can blog while I'm on hold thats an advantage

Old School said...

According to BLOG READER "my blog blows", But I like it anyway

Anonymous said...

I LOVE FEELING PART OF THE LIVES OF MY EXTENDED FAMILY WHEN WE DO NOT SEE EACH OTHER VERY OFTEN. KEEP IT UP CHELLE
AUNT MICKI

MiniMe Mom said...

I really like blogging because it is a quick Cliff's Note for what is going on in someone else's life (or to share your own). It's fun to get to know new people too:-)

Anonymous said...

Thats why I think that the footin blog blows. Too much information.