Monday, September 11, 2006

The mother of all moms.

Mom with her sisters
I mean that in a good way. As it is my tendency to do on occasion, I like to dedicate a post to someone special in my life. Today it is my mother-in-law Denise's turn to be in the spotlight. She's probably saying "Oh, Michelle!" right now.

I let 2 huge events pass by this summer without mentioning them on my blog, so I want to recap a little. This past June Mom turned the big 5-0. We threw a rather large surprise party for her and part of the entertainment was a slideshow of photos from her life. If I had to pick some of my favorites out of the 250-- these are a few: Hope you don't mind, Mom :)
Denise Late 80s- early 90s? I just had to post this one. :)

Dad and Mom's Wedding 1991


15 years later and still having fun!

We also celebrated 15 years as a blended family with Dad & Mom's anniversary this past June.

For me, thinking about Mom's life and her testimony of God's faithful hand guiding it is truly an inspiration story. She has suffered at times great personal loss and weathered many, many, storms alongside friends and family. Her Christian faith has remained strong and her dedication to loved ones even greater. She values the family unit very deeply and that is felt by me and my children. She makes the effort to organize family get togethers, celebrate each birthday and anniversary, and do the little things that have made us the harmonious (most of the time) family that we are today. A few more photos to show that.
Mom with the grandkids
This is a special relationship. Each Wednesday she has what you might call a drop-in, a day at Grandmas. We are so very fortunate that on this day, if we have appointments, need to get groceries without kids, work, or just bask in a few moments of solitude---Mom will take care of the grandkids. She always says that she does it for herself, so that she has the opportunity to spend quality time with the kids. Words cannot describe how much this means to me and my sisters-in-law.

This photo says it pretty well--absolute elation (with tear filled eyes) about a new grandbaby!


The annual Girls shopping trip
There are hundreds of pictures, thousands of words, and even more memories that all who know her could express. But I just want to say a simple thank you and I love you for everything you do for us, and the example of motherhood you are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN-

Anonymous said...

thanks Chelle
you're too kind.
I love you too!